Hi Roger,

On 05/15/2015 12:35 PM, Peter Levart wrote:
public class AsyncCompletableFuture ... {

    /**
     * Returns a new CompletionStage that, when this stage completes
     * normally, completes with the given replacementResult.
     *
* @param replacementResult the successful completion value of the returned
     *               CompletionStage
     * @param <U> the value's type
     * @return the new CompletionStage
     */
public <U> AsyncCompletableFuture<U> thenReplace(U replacementResult) { ...

I can ask on the concurrency-interest list about the feasibility of such [Async]CompletableFuture split. Would you be interested in using AsyncCompletableFuture if it was available?

...on a second thought, .xxxAsync(..., Executor) methods on [Async]CompletableFuture do not necessarily attach just asynchronous continuations if a SynchronousExecutor passed as Executor parameter, so we wouldn't get any guarantee of thread isolation. Only exposing xxxAsync() methods without custom Executor on the other hand precludes the possibility of supplying a custom executor.

Sorry, but this was not a good idea.

Regards, Peter