On 19.10.2015 03:09, John Rose wrote:
On Oct 18, 2015, at 1:49 AM, Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org
<mailto:blackd...@gmx.org>> wrote:

* Invokedynamic (like invokeinterface and invokevirtual) does not like
calls with null as receiver

:-) Jochen, you are one of the few people on the planet who was around
JSR 292 when this *was* true.
A very early draft of indy piggy-backed on top of the invokeinterface
instruction.
Eventually we made it symmetrical in all its arguments, like
invokestatic, as Attila pointed out.

ups... looks like I missed that. Well, then sorry for the fuzz ;) Can you tell me since what version this has been changed? Because I thought I had this problem with 1.8 still, but I could be wrong and it was only 1.7.. Was it done along with the lambda forms rewrite?

bye blackdrag