On 10/30/15 12:44 PM, Coleen Phillimore wrote:

Hi Ioi,
This is a manageable code change.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iklam/8140802-cds-refactoring.v01/hotspot/src/share/vm/classfile/classListParser.hpp.html

You forward declare Klass* but don't use it in this header file.
Also can you add a comment to #endif to say what it's endifing. ie. // SHARE_VM_MEMORY_CLASSLISTPARSER_HPP

Fixed.

I also changed ClassListParser to a StackObj as you suggested in another e-mail to me.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iklam/8140802-cds-refactoring.v01/hotspot/src/share/vm/classfile/classLoaderExt.cpp.html
   33   TempNewSymbol class_name_symbol =
SymbolTable::new_permanent_symbol(parser->current_class_name(), THREAD);
This doesn't make sense. If you want a permanent symbol, it doesn't need to get un-reference counted with the TempNewSymbol destructor.

I changed it to

TempNewSymbol class_name_symbol = SymbolTable::new_symbol(parser->current_class_name(), THREAD);

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iklam/8140802-cds-refactoring.v01/hotspot/src/share/vm/classfile/systemDictionary.cpp.udiff.html

+    // Make sure we have an entry in the SystemDictionary on success
I will actually remove this block of code in the next update to make things simpler.

This assert code is a copy of some code elsewhere. Can you make it a function that they boh can call?
Can you also comment the raw #endif's to what they're endifing?

Will do.

Thanks

Otherwise, this looks okay.

Coleen