On 08/11/2015 20:38, Paul Sandoz wrote:
:
The name is derived from the requirement that if the fragment is present a call
to getRuntimeVersionedEntry is required (or the equivalent of), thus the URL is
a reference to a runtime versioned entry.
I was just wondering about something shorter, like #runtime.

:
Do you mean caching by JarFileFactory? AFAICT it’s only used by
JarURLConnection and that never configures JarFiles, which is why we need the
fragment.

Okay, I think ignore my comment, it can use getRuntimeVersionedEntry (as it does) and so doesn't need to configure the JarFile. If it did need to configure the JarFile then it couldn't work reliably of course.

-Alan