Hi Paul, Alan,

What are the chances that varargs will be updated at some point in the future to use Lists instead of arrays? It would be a bit of thrash to try to avoid varargs if varargs
is likely to be updated.   It is a bit awkward at the moment though.

I'd hope that at some point varargs caller syntax could handle automatically the case where the method invoked accepts either a List<T> or T[]. Currently, providing a T[] is able to use the array as is. It would make sense that it could also convert a List<T> to T[] as part of code generation.

For the existing Arrays.asList( pb1, pb2) or JEP 269 List.of(pb1, pb2) force the developer to
type extra stuff and create more objects than the current varargs usage.

Where is varargs going?

And, will List<T> toArray() ever be able to properly create T[]?

Roger