Reviewed.  There is an underlying bug in the packer when it is stressed
with certain kind of incompatible simultaneous class data, but this is a clean
enough work-around.  Please file a follow-up bug; you can adapt the
unit test simply by making the string "META-INF" a command line
parameter (property) and changing it to (say) "NOT-META-INF".

— John