Laurent may not technically be a reviewer, but he pretty much owns that code so if he's happy then I'm happy (but I didn't look at any of the other code outside of Marlin if you are keeping count of "full reviewers"...).

                        ...jim

On 2/16/2016 2:08 AM, Laurent Bourgès wrote:
Hello,

Joe, I tested your changes in the Marlin renderer as it works well !

    > A quick note on the 2d changes, several constants (and a copy from a
package-private method from java.lang) were used to initialize a double value
POWER_2_TO_32; this can be accomplished more directly using a hexadecimal
floating-point literal.

    > Please review the webrev
    >
    >http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~darcy/8149896.0/
    My favourite change is this one:

    -    private static final double POWER_2_TO_32 =
    FloatMath.powerOfTwoD(32);
    +    private static final double POWER_2_TO_32 = 0x1.0p32;

    and the removal of the method on FloatMath.

I agree it is simpler and exactly what I needed; I wasn't aware of such
literals:
https://blogs.oracle.com/darcy/entry/hexadecimal_floating_point_literals

(I am not a reviewer)

Thanks for the fix,