Hi,

This was just an example - the one I have seen first. It also fails with a
simple ManagementFactory.getRuntimeMXBean(). Or
ManagementFactory.getGarbageCollectorMXBean(). Or
ManagementFactory.getAnyOtherFooBarMXBean(): Same error - quite clear - a bug!
The problematic code is the service loader that does not find the class which
is listed in the JDK's internal META-INF/services.

Uwe

P.S.: the HotspotMXBean is public (marked as @Exported and part of compact3
profile in Java 8):
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/jre/api/management/extension/com/sun/management/HotSpotDiagnosticMXBean.html
And this is *not* Jigsaw. Was just standard build. But works with Jigsaw, build
109, too!

-----
Uwe Schindler
uschind...@apache.org
ASF Member, Apache Lucene PMC / Committer
Bremen, Germany
http://lucene.apache.org/