> On May 11, 2016, at 9:24 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>
> Currently StackWalker has a getCallerClass method, but not a
> getCallerStackFrame. Having that method could also solve the problem, but
> only if it is efficient enough that it could be called for every log event,
> since when we would be calling it we wouldn’t even know if the user required
> it. In looking at getCallerClass it isn’t clear to me how fast it actually is.

You can implement getCallerStackFrame using StackWalker as follows:
    walker.walk(s -> s.skip(2).findFirst());

StackWalker::getCallerClass is implemented using StackWalker while it uses a
smaller batch size  as it knows it only interests in the top few frames.  It’s
smaller footprint since it only gets the Class object.

Mandy