Hi Georgiy

On 23/06/16 13:48, Georgiy Rakov wrote:
Hi Daniel,

if I understand correctly JAXBContextWithSubclassedFactory is supposed
to capture the idea of Test9 but it doesn't. FactoryBase shouldn't
implement JAXBContextFactory but Factory should:

    public static class FactoryBase {
        public JAXBContext createContext(...) ...

        public JAXBContext createContext(...) ...
    }

    public static class Factory extends FactoryBase implements
JAXBContextFactory {    }

This is a quite a corner case of methods overriding when method is
overridden by the base class.

Oh - I see, I missed that - I was chasing down an other avenue.
I will add the test.

JAXBContextWithLegacyFactory looks good to me.

BTW the approach with Factory1 and Factory2 used in
JAXBContextWithLegacyFactory seems be useful in
JAXBContextWithSubclassedFactory and JAXBContextWithAbstractFactory too.

I'll see what I can do.

It also seems that some refactoring could be applied by extracting main,
test, JAXBContextImpl and tmp members from JAXBContextWithLegacyFactory
to be used in all three classes..... probably by extracting superclass
or method object refactoring.

It might. My personal taste is to prefer unit tests to be
self contained. I'll occasionally introduce a super class if
the amount of sharing is significant enough - but in this case
I'm not sure it is.

I'll send a new webrev shortly.

best regards,

-- daniel