On 30/06/2016 5:12 AM, Kim Barrett wrote:
On Jun 29, 2016, at 2:54 PM, Kim Barrett <kim.barr...@oracle.com> wrote:

I think the problem may have existed long before modules, but simply
wasn't noticed.  That is, I suspect trying the test case mentioned
below with a pre-June-2014 fastdebug build (when Reference started
initializing InterruptedException) might trip the same assert.  I'm
presently trying to obtain a sufficiently old fastdebug build to run
the experiment.

Nope, works fine with JDK 9 b01.

See my response to Mandy above.

David
-----

./jdk1.9.0/fastdebug/bin/java -XX:AutoBoxCacheMax=2147483647 -version
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Requested array size exceeds VM limit
        at java.lang.Integer$IntegerCache.<clinit>(Integer.java:799)
        at java.lang.Integer.valueOf(Integer.java:827)
        at sun.misc.Signal.handle(Signal.java:169)
        at java.lang.Terminator.setup(Terminator.java:60)
        at java.lang.System.initializeSystemClass(System.java:1197)