Hi Christoph,

Looks good in general, even though the idiom
  if (existing instanceof Stack<?>)
caught my eye.

Thanks for the new test! I wonder if it should be
made more strict - with a golden record of the expected
results.

In particular, to check that the xmlns="" in element
<c> is removed only when it should.
Before your fix, it was always removed, even when it
should not have!

best regards,

-- daniel