Ah, I see. Thanks for answering my questions Martin.

Sounds like there's no real benefit then to using guava-testlib in this
changeset instead of CollectionTest. And even if the benefit of using it
was considered to be high enough in the future, it would probably need its
own JSR, since I presume it would be applicable to a number of places in
the jdk, making it a humongous change.

Overall, it seems sensible to wait until e.g. JUnit 5 develops a worthwhile
solution to the dynamic test generation problem, at which point we could
then consider it for writing exhaustive tests for the jdk collections.

Thanks again,
Jonathan