Let me rephrase: it's tiring to have to repeat why we need it, and why we
honor the contract of environment variables. Why is it so hard to admit the
JDK has a bug? I proposed different solutions for this, including non
breaking changes (a new method). All I have in return is suggestions to
change how *we* work, while discarding why it is important for us that the
contract of environment variables is respected. And let me say that this is
not inconvenient for *us* at Gradle. It's inconvenient for thousands of
developers who will suffer slow build times if we don't find a solution. My
personal situation doesn't matter. I care about what users will see
(including the larger ecosystem, Android and native).