> On Jul 25, 2017, at 1:33 AM, Doug Simon <doug.si...@oracle.com> wrote:
>

>> On 25 Jul 2017, at 01:37, Mandy Chung <mandy.ch...@oracle.com> wrote:
>>
>> Vladimir,
>>
>> I believe you don’t want to add the dependency from JVMCI to
>> java.management.  Otherwise, JVMCI can’t run with only java.base.
>
> The dependency is unfortunate. Can you suggest how JVMCI platform beans could
> participate in platform bean registration without the dependency?

If it exposes a MBean, the dependency would be needed.

One consideration might be to separate the JVMCI MBean provider in its own
module so that it’s registered only when such module is resolved in the module
graph.  This way JVMCI can work even if java.management is not present.

>> Is the MBean in jdk.internal.vm.compiler or in Lab’s Graal compiler?
>
> Anything in Lab’s Graal compiler is destined for JDK Graal so the distinction
> is only temporary at best.

Good to know.

>> src/jdk.internal.vm.ci/share/classes/jdk/vm/ci/services/src/jdk/vm/ci/services/internal/JVMCIMXBeans.java
>> - I suspect this file meant to be in
>> src/jdk.internal.vm.ci/share/classes/src/jdk.internal.vm.ci/share/classes/jdk/vm/ci/services/internal/JVMCIMXBeans.java
>
> Not sure I follow - there is currently no such directory
> src/jdk.internal.vm.ci/share/classes/src

Typo - it’s an existing directory:

src/jdk.internal.vm.ci/share/classes/jdk.vm.ci.services/src/jdk/vm/ci/services/internal

Mandy

> -Doug
>
>>> On Jul 12, 2017, at 2:20 PM, Vladimir Kozlov <vladimir.koz...@oracle.com>
>>> wrote: