On 9/21/17 5:42 AM, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 21/09/2017 01:02, Stuart Marks wrote:
    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~smarks/reviews/8177290/webrev.0/
I read through the updated/new definitions and they read well.

Great.

For the copyOf methods then I can't immediately tell from the javadoc if the
given collection can contain null elements. Taking List.copyOf as an example
where coll may be null or it may contain null elements. The javadoc does link to
"Unmodifiable lists" where it specifies the characteristics of the lists
returned by the static factory methods - these include disallowing null
elements. So I think this needs to be clarified.

Agreed, I'll work on some clarifications here, and also disallow null for the argument itself.

Minimal implementation is okay to get started but what is the reason not to
include some basic tests?

Sorry, I should have been more clear about this. The changeset is clearly not ready to go in as it stands. I wanted to get an initial review of the specifications going, then file a CSR request, etc. while continuing to work on tests and better implementations. I'll post a subsequent review when they're ready.

Thanks.

s'marks