Hi Roger,

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 12:12 PM, Roger Riggs <roger.ri...@oracle.com> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> The java.time APIs refined the pattern used for Serialization proxies to
> document the relationship between
> the original class and its serialization proxies methods.

Right.  I was aware of the effort that java.time people put into their
serialization code.  They did a good job, and my proposed change makes it
more like theirs (but even more like the ones in j.u.c.a.)

> 452: SerializationProxy.readResolve doesn't need the comment about
> elementType.cast
> since EnumSet.add method checks each element that is added.

You may be right, but I was only preserving the original comment, and
removing it should be a separate change (I leave it to you!).