Hi Martin,

On 2/14/18 9:47 PM, Martin Buchholz wrote:
Embarrassed by my failure to take runFinalizersOnExit into account, I tried to redo the patch to be actually correct. http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~martin/webrevs/jdk/Finalizer-data-race/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Emartin/webrevs/jdk/Finalizer-data-race/> even though we may succeed in making runFinalizersOnExit go away, and I'm not planning to submit any time soon. The runFinalizersOnExit case needs different mechanics for removing elements from "unfinalized". The simple invariant is that you need to run the finalizer whenever an element is unlinked from unfinalized.

I have posted RFR to remove runFinalizersOnExit.   I think your patch would become cleaner as you may keep the remove method or inline in runFinalizer method as your original patch has.

Do you want to wait until JDK-8198249?  or proceed this patch without waiting?

Mandy
[1] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2018-February/051518.html