On 21/05/2018 06:57, David Holmes wrote:
:

- Can Class::getNestMembers specify if it runs the class initializer of any classes that it loads? Less of an issue for getNestHost as the host is likely loaded already.

None of these methods specifically or intentionally initialize any classes. A class will be loaded if needed but that is all. The only Class methods that refer to class initialization are the forName() variants. I don't see that the nest related methods should do any more or less in this regard than any other Class methods that may require classes to be loaded.
It returns an array of Class objects so it's potentially loading and linking a number of classes, a bulk Class.forName to some extent. I don't think it does any harm to make it clear that it does not run their class initializers. There are other methods where this could be clearer too but that is outside of this feature.

-Alan