On 06/21/2018 05:53 PM, Peter Levart wrote:
Hi,

On 06/21/2018 09:42 AM, Alan Bateman wrote:

On 20/06/2018 15:08, Peter Levart wrote:

Like the following?

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~plevart/jdk-dev/DBBCache_Cleanup/webrev.05/
Yes, I think this looks good.

Do we need a test which proves that cached direct buffers are released when thread exits or would a unit test for TerminatingThreadLocal be enough? Maybe both?
It will be tested by code that uses NIO from threads that exit but I agree it would be good to add a unit test for this.

-Alan

Here's the same patch, with tests added:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~plevart/jdk-dev/DBBCache_Cleanup/webrev.06/

Is this good to go? Should I submit the code to testing system first? Please point me to instructions (have not done that yet)...

Regards, Peter

It just occurred to me that TempDirectBuffersReclamation test may fail if there is concurrent activity in the VM during or even before the test (for example if GC/reference processing frees some direct buffers during the test as a consequence of activity before the test). How to cope with that? Would running the test in separate VM be enough?

Regards, Peter