Hi Alan ,so it looks like    JDK-8204233  added  a switch  (system property)
to enable the enhanced  socket IOException messages .

That would be an option as well  for  8205525 .

8205525  adds  the  jar file name  and   the line number  info  to the
exception message .

In case that only  the jar file name  would be considered sensitive ,   I would
prefer to   just  output  the line number  (and omit the  system property ).
What do you think ?

Best regards, Matthias