On 16/07/2018 14:53, Baesken, Matthias wrote:
Hello,  after latest  comments  from Alan  and Jaikiran    I created a new
webrev :

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mbaesken/webrevs/8205525.2/

The  jar file path is  now printed  in case   jdk.includeInExceptions   contains
jarpath     (this approach   is "borrowed"   from the enhanced socket
exceptions ) .
The line number is always printed .

The general approach seems okay and consistent with the agreement on how to reveal host names in socket exceptions.

The name of the security/system property will need discussion as "jdk.includeInExceptions" is very general. If we have something general then we'll need a good name and replace the existing jdk.net.includeInExceptions. It might be better to go with something specific for the area such as "jdk.util.jar.includeInExceptions=jarpath" (to be consistent with other jdk.* properties in this code). A CSR will be needed for this too as the property will be documented in the java.security file.

As regards the patch then it mostly looks okay but I think the changes in Attributes will need cleanup to get it consistent (esp. the line lengths) with the existing code.

-Alan