* Andrew Dinn:

> Comments and suggestions for improvement would be very welcome.

There are a bunch of typos in the JEP (“susbet”, “Rntime”).
Formatting of the headlines looks wrong to me, too.

On the implementation side, I find this a bit concerning:

+    // TODO - remove the following defines
+    // for testing we need to define the extra MAP_XXX flags used for
+    // persistent memory. they will eventually get defined by the
+    // system and included via sys/mman.h

Do you really want to change implementation behavior based on which
glibc headers (or kernel headers) were used to build the JDK?  It's
likely more appropriate to define the constants yourself if they are
not available.  There is some architecture variance for the MAP_*
constants, but in case of MAP_SHARED_VALIDATE, even HPPA has the same
definition.

How does the MappedByteBuffer::force(long, long) method interact with
the memory model?