The example of ISS is a good one.  It is analogous to the question of "when is it right to write a class, and when it is right to write a function?"  And the answer is, of course, "it depends."  ISS was an obvious grouping, but even there there was significant disagreement during its design about what it should support and not (especially with regard to sum-of-squares calculations), and extra work done to make it extensible.  If you're writing from scratch, you might well consider writing something like ISS.

But ... the whole motivation for having "teeing" _at all_ is that you have some existing collectors you want to reuse!  It seems a little silly to claim "I definitely will want to reuse two collectors, so much so that we need a new method, but can't imagine ever wanting to reuse three."

So, while I am not saying we have to solve the N-way problem now, but I think we'd be silly to pick a naming scheme that falls apart when we try to go past two.   So I'm still at "teeing".  It works for two, and it works for larger numbers as well.