Hi Thomas,

Thanks for adding the test.

There's a feature of jtreg that was exposed a couple of month ago that can be used to deal with running the test too many times.

There can be multiple @test blocks with different @requires.

* @run main/othervm/timeout=300 Basic * @run main/othervm/timeout=300 -Djdk.lang.Process.launchMechanism=fork Basic * * @test * @requires (os.family == "linux") * @run main/othervm/timeout=300 -Djdk.lang.Process.launchMechanism=posix_spawn Basic

I'll run this through our build system too.

To fully test out using posix_spawn in many more different scenarios the build system should be augmented to be able to use it as the default for an entire build/CI/CD/test runs.

Thanks, Roger