> On Jan 14, 2019, at 11:50 PM, Kustaa Nyholm <kustaa.nyh...@sparetimelabs.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On 15 Jan 2019, at 7.36, Michael Hall <mik3h...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> FWIW, for OS X I just set this in my .bash_profile
>
> Thanks, my preference is to be explicit so that my build don't depend on the
> environment
> and changes to it , I've got about 8 x jdk on this machine and I (almost)
> never use the command
> line tools from the command line. And especially in situation like this in
> which
> I need to use jdk13ea to package a jdk11 application I want to be very sure
> that I know and control explicitly what is used.
>
> Much easier for *me* to patch a few scripts/ant scripts if they brake than to
> track down
> how something fails subtly and mysteriously when I install something new that
> screws
> up things that rely on the shell resolving to the correct version of some
> tool.

/usr/libexec/java_home will get the latest jdk by default I think. I also have
many installed.
You can specify release version anyhow with something like…
/usr/libexec/java_home -v 11 —exec java -version
It used to be like -v 1.8 but I think that changed with 9?
Usually the latest jdk with the command would be the one you’d want? Or the one
you’d want to know if it was broke.

 True, you probably don’t need the jlink command correct for this. jpackage
probably api invokes it.

jpackage so far seems to just have too many parameters to really use command
line anyhow

> But that is just me I guess ;)

Everyone has their preferences for how they do things.