On 26/03/2019 13:02, Aleksey Shipilev wrote:
On 3/25/19 4:10 PM, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 25/03/2019 14:47, Aleksey Shipilev wrote:
On 3/25/19 2:40 PM, Thomas Stüfe wrote:
Note that this may not be enough for windows 32bit. Highest I can go there
(win32 slowdebug build I
just built) is 1400m.
That probably means something else is mapped into process memory that prevents
continuous heap
alloc. Does -Xmx2g work with fastdebug on your win32? We can adjust it later.
Sometimes -Xshare:off can help a bit on Windows 32-bit.

-Alan.
Alan, cannot see if you agree with the patch?
The patch is okay, I just pointing out that disabling CDS will sometime help on Windows 32-bit, assuming it is enabled by default.

Also, are we not doing "[TESTBUG]" prefixes in
synopsis anymore? I see you changed it in JIRA.

The "testbug" label is used to tag test only issues, encoding in the bug description/commit message isn't really reliable. Yes, some areas have used "[TESTBUG]", there was a time when some people put a "TEST-BUG" prefix. There isn't a JDK-wide convention (at least not to my knowledge).

-Alan