Could I please get reviews for the following patch which overloads
MappedByteBuffer.force to accept a start offset and length.

JIRA:   https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8221696
webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~adinn/8221696/webrev.00

This new API method was conceived as a preliminary change for JEP 352 to
allow selective writeback of NVRAM-backed buffers. However, it has been
implemented to provide a similar capability for file-mapped byte
buffers. The old brute-force API method, force(), continues to operate
as before for file-mapped byte buffers.

One detail that is worth highlighting is that for file-backed buffers
the start address passed to the native method force0 is rounded down to
a page boundary. This is needed for Unix implementations to ensure that
the underlying msync system call does not throw an exception.

I am not sure whether Windows imposes this same restriction. If not then
it might be better to perform the rounding in the native code. Advice
would be welcome.

Testing:

I have only tested the new functionality on Linux. Assistance testing
this on other OSes would be appreciated.

[n.b. it should be enough to build with the patch and run
  $ make test TEST=test/jdk/java/nio/channels/FileChannel/MapTest.java"
]

Updated MapTest.java: passes on Linux
Submit Test: in progress

regards,