Hi,

no new code this time, only a warm invitation to review the rather substantial patch submitted on 2019-04-18 [1] and the CSR [2].

I spent an insane amount of (unpaid) free time offering my contribution to solve a bug known since about 15 years. Thus, I think it is understandable that I'd like to see my efforts come to a successful conclusion, ideally for OpenJDK 13.

Greetings
Raffaello

P.S.
Some enjoyable properties of the novel algorithm:
* No objects are instantiated, except, of course, the resulting String.
* Loop-free core algorithm.
* Only int and long arithmetic.
* No divisions at all.
* 16x speedup (jmh).
* Randomized, yet reproducible deep diving tests (jtreg).
* Clear, unambiguous spec.
* All floats have been tested to fully meet the spec.
* Fully documented in [3] or in comments.

----

[1] https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2019-April/059783.html
[3] https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KLtG_LaIbK9ETXI290zqCxvBW94dj058