Hi,

Please, first of all, review a little test fix. Java level assertions should be
enabled in test java/util/Locale/LocaleProvidersRun.java. It was (probably
inadvertently) removed by refactoring the test with JDK-8210403 (Refactor
java.util.Locale:i18n shell tests to plain java tests).

Resolving this bug will unveil a regression on Windows caused by JDK-8218960
(CONFIG level logging statements printed in CLDRCalendarDataProviderImpl.java
even when default log Level is INFO) for which I just created a bug report:
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8226876. I discovered this because I
backported JDK-8218960 to JDK11u and encountered the assertion in the old test.

Since this test fix will open up a new test failure, Iโ€™m not sure whether it
should be pushed to JDK13. If JDK-8226876 could be resolved quickly, the fix
for this issue could be pushed after it. Or I add a temporary exclusion for
Windows to the test list โ€“ however that would probably disable other important
regression tests. Please advise.

That said, please assign JDK-8226876 to the right engineer - itโ€™s not my area
of expertise ๐Ÿ˜Š

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~clanger/webrevs/8226869.0/

Thanks
Christoph