Not my call, but in PSPrinterJob.java (970-977) it might be cleaner to just
delete the unused code and comment.

Dilemma - since at 1036 we are throwing an Exception and the comment at 970-ish
suggests
the author was intending to do what s/he did at 1036 but never got around to it.

I think I'd be more inclined to make the code at 970 like that at 1036.
But
(1) then the comment surely can go
(2) I don't know why at 1034 you changed from PrinterIOException to
PrinterException.

And whilst great you are fixing up this code, we are but a small fraction of
the world's code
that use java.io and I wonder if this is worth the compatibility risk ?

-phil