Here is an alternative version which adds a writeBytes(byte[]) method instead
of overriding write(byte[]):

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~bpb/8187898/webrev-alt.00/
<http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~bpb/8187898/webrev-alt.00/>

This has the advantage of allowing new code to call writeBytes() without a
try-catch block without introducing a compatibility issue for code which is
already calling write(byte[]) in a try-catch block.

Thanks,

Brian