Ok, here is the updated webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dchuyko/8222778/webrev.01/

-Dmitry

On 7/17/19 11:03 PM, Alexander Matveev wrote:
Hi Dmitry,

I also do not see point of keeping this block, so lets remove it instead of keeping it commented.

Thanks,
Alexander

On 7/16/2019 3:50 PM, Dmitry Chuyko wrote:
Alexander, thanks for having a look,

On 7/17/19 12:30 AM, Alexander Matveev wrote:
Hi Dmitry,

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dchuyko/8222778/webrev.00/src/jdk.jpackage/unix/native/libapplauncher/PosixPlatform.cpp.frames.html Why code between lines 215 and 219 was disabled? Not sure what it tries to do, if it tries to guarantee NULL termination we should probably keep it or allocate buffer with extra null or read (sizeof(buffer)-1). I think EOF defined as -1.

gcc 5.4.0 on Linux reports an error:

sandbox/src/jdk.jpackage/unix/native/libapplauncher/PosixPlatform.cpp: In member function ‘bool PosixProcess::ReadOutput()’:

sandbox/src/jdk.jpackage/unix/native/libapplauncher/PosixPlatform.cpp:215:35: error: comparison is always false due to limited range of data type [-Werror=type-limits]
             if (buffer[count - 1] == EOF) {

Here buffer is char[] and read(int, void *, size_t) is used.

It won't be right to keep it commented, to me it looks like this block can be removed. If not, there should be some other fix like adding ifdefs for some platforms or using call different from read().

-Dmitry

Otherwise looks fine.

Thanks,
Alexander