The patch looks fine to me as well.

As for the test, perhaps adding a new createAFile(File aFile, List<String> lines, boolean hasTrailingBlankLine) in TestHelper instead may help avoid any confusion.

Mandy

On 11/8/19 7:43 AM, Mat Carter wrote:
Hi Alan

The method you propose: [nio.]Files[.write](aFile.toPath, lines) adds a
trailing blank line to the file; the regression test needs to generate a file
without a trailing blank line as this is the condition in which the bug occurs.
 This is why it now writes out an array of bytes

Cheers
Mat

________________________________
From: core-libs-dev <core-libs-dev-boun...@openjdk.java.net> on behalf of Alan
Bateman <alan.bate...@oracle.com>
Sent: Friday, November 8, 2019 2:56 AM
To: Henry Jen <henry....@oracle.com>; core-libs-dev@openjdk.java.net
<core-libs-dev@openjdk.java.net>
Subject: Re: RFR: 8231863: Crash if classpath is read from @argument file and
the main gets option argument

On 07/11/2019 22:55, Henry Jen wrote:
Hi,

Please review the webrev[1], contributed by Mat Carter. You can find the bug
details at JBS[2]. I have reviewed and tested the fix, I still need an official
review before I can push this.

Looks okay although in the test, the createAFile helper method could be
replaced with Files(aFile.toPath, lines) and that would avoid the need
to concatenate all the lines. You can specify the defaultCharset to that
method if you need really it.

-Alan