On 12/6/19 12:51 PM, Alexey Semenyuk wrote:

On 12/5/2019 8:44 PM, Alexander Matveev wrote:
Hi Alexey,

1) Remove this file:
test/jdk/tools/jpackage/helpers/jdk/jpackage/test/JavaTool.java.rej
Done. webrev updated in place.

2) Agree with Phil, they probably should be pushed as two separate bugs.
Decoupling is not straightforward unfortunately: tests that cover additional launchers functionality contain fixes for both [1] and [2] CRs.

So the synopsis reads like this is all about updating tests, and your email says
"go read the bugs" and nothing more.
I think most people like to see a description of the problem and the proposed solution
written in the review request.

I think the source code updates are what you need to highlight.
And I don't think you have explained why it is so hard.
Saying is is hard is not the same thing as explaining why.

I think you should decouple unless you can provide that explanation.
And definitely you need to provide explanation of the fix etc.

-phil.

If there would be no strong arguments against pushing the fixes in a single patch, I'd rather avoid decoupling.

3) Do you know how to run installer tests with new changes? It is not clear from code.
Fix for [1] moved code to install packages produced by jpackage from manage_packages.sh script into jtreg helper classes. If you run tests locally with test_jpackage.sh script, nothing will change for you.

- Alexey

Changes itself looks fine.

Thanks,
Alexander