On 1/16/20 2:35 AM, Daniel Fuchs wrote:
Hi Joe,

Looks OK to me as well.

Thanks for the review!

I am a bit surprised by the number of methods that are no longer
`final` though. Do you know what was the motivation for those
changes?

The original patch did not have any detailed comment or link to a bug report. The title was "Remove redundant modifiers. Minor Javadoc and formatting. "  So it seemed they were cleaning up "redundant modifiers". It would be interesting if that's the reason to remove 'final'. However, it has no impact on our usage of the library in java.xml.

Best regards,
Joe

best regards,

-- daniel