On 3/11/20 10:25 AM, Daniel Fuchs wrote:
Hi Mandy,

On 11/03/2020 16:10, Alan Bateman wrote:
I'm open to other suggestion.  This helper method avoids the call to doPrivileged when security manager is enabled and I think it's okay to add this helper method in sun.security.action package.
BootLoader defines methods to correspond to the methods defined by ClassLoader so I don't think the loadLibrary method was too bad. Moreover it was very clear when calling BootLoader.loadLibrary that it would attempt to load it from the system path. I don't object to putting this in sun.security.action but it doesn't feel. If it is moved but I think we'll need to find better names so it's clear in the 20+ places where it used (and also avoid the temptation to use it in the modules that aren't mapped to the boot loader).

That's probably a stupid question but wouldn't it have been simpler to
redefine BootLoader::loadLibrary(String) to call the new LoadLibraryAction rather than removing the method altogether?

Thanks for the feedback.

I discussed further with Alan.   Other class and names are no better than BootLoader::loadLibrary.  We agree to keep that helper method as BootLoader::loadLibrary.  The changes due to the renaming is reverted.

Updated patch:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/jdk15/webrevs/8228336/webrev.02/

Mandy