On Mon, 16 Nov 2020 15:15:02 GMT, Andy Herrick <herr...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> … fix linux DTI

Changes requested by asemenyuk (Committer).

test/jdk/tools/jpackage/helpers/jdk/jpackage/test/JPackageCommand.java line 484:

> 482:         return TKit.getCurrentDefaultAppName();
> 483:     }
> 484:

I don't like the idea of introducing this method. Two reasons:
- it adds confusion because we already have name()
- name() is not returning app name any more for the case of two phase jpackage
usage as app name is now supposed to be returned by getApplicationName()
- TKit.getCurrentDefaultAppName() should be used only to set the default app
name when jpackage default command line is configured by the test.

I suggest instead update name() method. Test is "--app-image" is on the command
line, if it is, extract app name of xml file with app image info. This will
eliminate need for another method in JPackageCommand interface and make name()
method return accurate result without relying on the current usage scenarios of
"--app-image" parameter in tests.