On Sun, 25 Jul 2021 21:56:10 GMT, Lance Andersen <lan...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As discussed in the
> https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2021-July/079621.html
> thread, this is the revised patch to address the use of '.' and '..' within
> Zip FS
>
> Zip FS needs to use "." and ".." as links to the current and parent
> directories and cannot reliably support entries that have "." and ".." as
> name elements.  This patch updates Zip Fs  to reject ZIP files that have
> entries in the CEN that can't be used for files in a file system.
>

> Mach5 tiers 1 through 3 have been run without any errors encountered .
>
> Best,
> Lance

This is behavior change (to reject zip/JAR files) so a CSR will be required.
I've also added a label to the JBS issue to remind us to add a release note.

I think it would be good for @jaikiran to review too.

src/jdk.zipfs/share/classes/jdk/nio/zipfs/ZipFileSystem.java line 1573:

> 1571:             }
> 1572:             IndexNode inode = new IndexNode(cen, pos, nlen);
> 1573:             if(hasDotOrDotDot(inode.name)) {

Minor nit, missing space in "if(".

src/jdk.zipfs/share/classes/jdk/nio/zipfs/ZipFileSystem.java line 1602:

> 1600:         // Inode.name always includes "/" in path[0]
> 1601:         if (path.length == 1) {
> 1602:             return false;

It may be useful to add "assert path[0] == '/';" at the start of this method.

test/jdk/jdk/nio/zipfs/HasDotDotTest.java line 1:

> 1: import org.testng.annotations.DataProvider;

Missing copyright header.