Indeed. I was reminded of a discussion [1][2] back in July when I saw
this JEP candidate.

Now looking at it again, I guess we can easily prevent this risk once
this JEP is implemented (so finalizers are no-op and attacks cannot
happen even if the security manager is disallowed), and we might not
need to remove finalizers before security managers as long as we can
disable finalizers.

https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2021-July/thread.html#5805
https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2021-July/005808.html