> On Nov 23, 2021, at 7:19 PM, Mandy Chung <mch...@openjdk.java.net> wrote:
>
> This changes jdeps -cp to ignore files/directories with no permission to
> access.  This is consistent with the runtime behavior.
>
> -------------
>
> Commit messages:
> - JDK-8277375: jdeps errors on a class path with a file path with no
> permission
>
> Changes: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/6531/files
> Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=6531&range=00
>  Issue: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8277375
>  Stats: 113 lines in 2 files changed: 106 ins; 0 del; 7 mod
>  Patch: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/6531.diff
>  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/6531/head:pull/6531

For JDK-8277375 with -cp .
Given the error…
Exception in thread "main" java.io.UncheckedIOException:
java.nio.file.FileSystemException: ./Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary:
Operation not permitted

Doesn’t this indicate a recursed directory is being checked. This shouldn’t
happen should it? Classpath is given as current directory only.

Also in this case it turns out the class in question I believe has no class
path dependencies, possibly not directly related to the bug, but shouldn’t be
possible to determine there is no need to scan class path at all to resolve
anything? Maybe not.