> On Nov 24, 2021, at 2:55 AM, Alan Bateman <al...@openjdk.java.net> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 24 Nov 2021 01:12:01 GMT, Mandy Chung <mch...@openjdk.org> wrote:
>
>> This changes jdeps -cp to ignore files/directories with no permission to
>> access.  This is consistent with the runtime behavior.
>
> src/jdk.jdeps/share/classes/com/sun/tools/jdeps/ClassFileReader.java line 235:
>
>> 233:                     @Override
>> 234:                     public FileVisitResult visitFileFailed(Path file,
>> IOException exc) throws IOException {
>> 235:                         return FileVisitResult.CONTINUE;
>
> The bug report may be pilot error in that they seem to have specified a root
> directory as the class path. If the scan is changed then maybe it should
> minimally emit a warning rather than silently ignoring the non-accessible
> files.

This was testing against a simple unpackaged class in my home directory. All
the dependencies were javafx modular ones.
There was definitely no dependency on a /Pictures package where there would be
any need to look any further on this path.
Is this scanning every directory off a class path one on the chance there might
be a java class file that is a dependency?