On Sat, 12 Mar 2022 01:35:23 GMT, XenoAmess <d...@openjdk.java.net> wrote:

>> 8281631: HashMap copy constructor and putAll can over-allocate table
>
> XenoAmess has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   refine test

> what I worried is, the boundary this is based on the current table size
> calculating mechanic in HashMap.
> If people change the mechanic in HashMap, then the boundary would change.
> But well, this is a white box text for HashMap (and HashMap-like) classes
> after all, so maybe I'm just over overthinking too much.

Yes, the boundary conditions are sensitive to the exact calculation used for
table sizing. If the calculation changes, the boundary results will most likely
change, and the test will fail. But that's ok since this is a whitebox test.

In any case, changes look good, and I've run this through our internal
build/test system and the results are good. Ready to integrate!

Marked as reviewed by smarks (Reviewer).