On Thu, 5 May 2022 16:14:32 GMT, Daniel D. Daugherty <dcu...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Matthias Baesken has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>> additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   restore year in ExternalEditorTest, remove test exclusion
>
> test/langtools/jdk/jshell/ExternalEditorTest.java line 29:
>
>> 27:  * @bug 8143955 8080843 8163816 8143006 8169828 8171130 8162989 8210808
>> 28:  * @comment musl/Alpine has problems executing some shell scripts, see
>> 8285987
>> 29:  * @requires !vm.musl
>
> So this change backs out an "@requires" that was added by:
>
> JDK-8285987 executing shell scripts without #! fails on Alpine linux
>
> Presumably this "@requires" was added for some reason so what's
> going to happen if this test is run on Alpine Linux? Also, the fix in
> JDK-8285987 updated the copyright year. Do you plan on restoring
> it to the original "2017" value?

Hi Daniel, I restored the original year 2017.
(additionally I removed the langtools exclusion)

> Presumably this "@requires" was added for some reason so what's going to
> happen if this test is run on Alpine Linux

I can only speak about our Alpine setup (3.15 in a container) and there the
test fails with   error=8, Exec format error. Looks like something similar has
been observed as well by these people
https://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2018/03/09/2
https://github.com/scala-steward-org/scala-steward/issues/1374