On Thu, 26 May 2022 21:40:42 GMT, Xue-Lei Andrew Fan <xue...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > Even using a Cleaner is a more overhead than necessary. I would have
> > skipped the overhead of a cleaner and Atomic classes with something more
> > self contained as a static method:
>
> I agreed that the using of Cleaner is still heavy, but it may be acceptable
> as the code is for testing only. If a new static method is introduced, test
> cases using the current API would also need update so as to benefit from it.
> I was hesitate for test cases update as it may involve more evaluations (and
> risks). But let me check.

I evaluated the use of ForceGC (10+ use).  It looks like that the update should
be straightforward for most of them.  Most testing should be placed in case I
missed something.  I would like to file a new RFE and submit this PR, so that
if something is wrong with new update, we could rollback to this.