On Tue, 28 Jun 2022 07:10:52 GMT, rmartinc <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Fixes [JDK-8288895](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8288895).
>>
>> Any `LimitExceededException` now quits the referral loop.
>>
>> Added class `ReferralLimitSearchTest`. It is a simple jtreg test which
>> checks that `java.naming.ldap.referral.limit` is really enforced. The dummy
>> ldap server always returns a referral for any search query. If the number of
>> searches exceeds the limit, it throws an `IOException` and the test fails.
>>

>> make test TEST=jtreg:jdk/com/sun/jndi/ldap/ReferralLimitSearchTest.java
>
> rmartinc has refreshed the contents of this pull request, and previous
> commits have been removed. The incremental views will show differences
> compared to the previous content of the PR. The pull request contains one new
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   8288895: LdapContext doesn't honor set referrals limit

The latest changes look good to me - with one tiny typo spotted.
There were no issues discovered with it with existing JNDI/LDAP regressions
test.
Also, the new test runs fine on all platforms.

test/jdk/com/sun/jndi/ldap/ReferralLimitSearchTest.java line 58:

> 56: public class ReferralLimitSearchTest {
> 57:
> 58:     // number of refarral hops to test

Small typo: `refarral` -> `referral`

Marked as reviewed by aefimov (Committer).