On Tue, 5 Jul 2022 17:27:03 GMT, Joe Darcy <da...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> - Correct a deprecated code.
>> - Update Copyright.
>> - More wide question : How are you dealing with deprecated codes in snippets
>> ?
>>   ```
>>   @deprecated(since="9")
>>   public Integer​(int value)
>>   ```
>
> Looks fine.
>
> There is as of yet no systemic way of dealing with compiler warnings with
> formal or informal snippet samples, but JEP 413: "Code Snippets in Java API
> Documentation" is meant to enable that.

@jddarcy Thanks.

In fact this Issue is related to JEP 413, I had a short informal exchange about
this with Jonathan Giles one year ago. It seems that Microsoft already
validates snippets in its AzureSDK :

https://twitter.com/JonathanGiles/status/1387550356524081154

How JEP 413 process will react with this kind of code ?

/**
 * Thrown to indicate that the code has attempted to cast an object
 * to a subclass of which it is not an instance. For example, the
 * following code generates a {@code ClassCastException}:
 * <blockquote><pre>
 *     Object x = Integer.valueOf(0);
 *     System.out.println((String)x);
 * </pre></blockquote>
 *
 * @since   1.0
 */

In another word, is there a way to specifiy witch result the author expected.