On Fri, 9 Sep 2022 06:36:54 GMT, Alan Bateman <al...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Markus KARG has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional
>> commits since the last revision:
>>
>>  - testing transferTo() when mark was set
>>  - testing transferTo() when buffer is non-empty
>
> test/jdk/java/io/BufferedInputStream/TransferTo.java line 170:
>
>> 168:             if (mark) {
>> 169:               in.mark(1);
>> 170:             }
>
> This just tests transferTo with a mark set, it doesn't appear to check that
> mark is respected. To test mark/reset then I think it will need to call mark
> with a largish readLimit, transferTo to drain the input to EOF, reset, and
> then read or transferTo again to check that the bytes from the mark are
> replayed.

I did not do that so far, as we agreed to check the *new* code path, which is
only executed when noting was marked (so reset plays no role). Certainly I will
be happy to add another test for the use case you describe (i. e. the *old*
code path), even if we all know -thanks to our knowledge of the existence of
the two code paths-, that it will surely pass even with my PR in place, unless
there is a bug in the *old* code path... ;-)