On Fri, 23 Sep 2022 11:34:33 GMT, Aleksey Shipilev <sh...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> Since `ThreadDeath` would be deprecated soon, I assume it's fine to just
>> remove it.
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Best regards,
>> Jie
>
> This looks fine, and the current use of `ThreadDeath` does not even seem
> correct (you have to rethrow it). But I wonder if this should be the subtask
> of https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8289610, like "Remove use of
> ThreadDeath from make utilities"?

> The fix looks good. @shipilev, what would the benefit be of having this as a
> subtask? To me it sounds just like additional bureaucracy, at least given the
> fact that this was now in fact created as a separate bug report.

Ordnung muss sein, yes. The subtasks on original issues track the cleanups in
particular parts of JDK. Having effectively a missing cleanup masquerading as
build fix irks me a bit. You can convert the issue to the subtask with one
button click, if I remember correctly. That should not change the issue ID or
have implications other implications for this PR, apart from renaming it a bit.