On Wed, 28 Sep 2022 16:32:17 GMT, Sean Mullan <mul...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Correct - this type of event period (beginChunk) will fire once when the JFR
>> recording is begun. It should capture Security Properties (if
>> java.security.Security is loaded) for any recording, no matter when it might
>> begin or end. Similar to how InitialSystemProperty is captured (but that's
>> implemented at native/VM level)
>
> How does it capture the event if JFR was started before the security
> properties were read? I would think you still need some additional code in
> Security.java to record the properties if the event is enabled.

As per yesterday's stack trace, JFR triggers loading of the Security class - so
your scenario won't arise with current state. We could include the new Event
with period of `endChunk `instead of `beingChunk `setting. That should ensure
the properties are only captured when the JFR recording is exiting.
@egahlin - would you have a preference on this ?